Things Your Stylist Doesn’t Share…
There’s nothing worse than having an image in mind of what you want your hair to look like, only to end up with something completely different than you imagined. Ditch the drama and listen to my Insider Tips on how to get the haircut you really want.
1. Make sure the stylist knows your hair type – while it may be tempting to shampoo before your appointment, it’s best to see your stylist with dry hair so that they can feel your texture, see your hair’s growth pattern, and really make sure that the cut you want will work with what God gave you.
2. Bring a picture & be descriptive – Make sure you take along pictures to your salon visit so that your stylist can get an idea of what shape, texture, and color you’re looking for. It’s also a good idea to point out your favorite and least favorite part about the style. Be sure to use descriptive words to get your point across, like “Soft bangs”, “Rich Brown”, or “Choppy Layers”.
3. Let them know your style MO – Are you willing to spend 20 minutes every morning to get your hair done or are you a wake up, brush and go type of girl? This plays a huge role in whether or not your desired style will fit in with your lifestyle and schedule.
4. Take a 360 Tour – Be specific about what you want the front, back, and sides to look like. Most times, the picture someone brings in only shows one angle of the hairstyle. Make sure the stylist understands the cut completely before picking up the scissors.
5. Maintenance – Ask your stylist what products and upkeep is going to be needed to keep your hair looking like you want. Your hairstylist should be able to easily let you know what the right steps are to keep your look “fresh from the salon”.
Following these 5 steps will ensure that you have the perfect cut and style that you’ve been dreaming of. And don’t think that you’re being an annoying client by asking all of these questions! Your stylist will appreciate you being so thorough. We don’t like you leaving the chair without the look you wanted either! Being thorough will help us both to get what we want.
So what cut have you been dreaming of but were afraid to take the plunge? Call me or book your appointment online so that we can make that dream a fashionable reality!